the old red cape

the old red cape
the old red cape

Monday, November 28, 2011

Front Door Snowman

Here at the Little Red House one thing works in my favor - the house is RED!  Which helps out with Christmas decorating!

I seem to have a bit of the Christmas bug early this year - not sure why that is but none the less I am up at it with the decorating.

Front Door:


 I saw this on Pinterest and knew I HAD to do it!

I used a 12", 18" & 24" wreath sizes to create this.  I also did not have a perfect 'old black hat' laying around so I used weatherproofed black craft foam!  I stapled on the ribbon and berries.  The scarf is fleece from Joanns.


I think it came together rather nice!  Of course it may look better on a 'WHITE' door as it seems to blend in with my black but I love it.  I may keep looking for spray on snow for the wreath to highlight it more.  But all I can find for now is brush on flocking.  However, I do think it needs something to brighten it up a bit.

Fun and Festive!!



all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours {11/22} 
Photobucket 
homework 
Click on the button below to go to our link party!

7 comments:

  1. He looks so fun! I love how festive and different it is. Could you pot some pretty wrapping paper on the inside of the glass to brighten it up a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashely - that's actually a good idea! May try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable! LOVE the polka dot scarf!

    Would LOVE for you to link up to our "Home For The Holidays" link party!

    www.uncommondesignsonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a wonderfully welcoming wreath idea! You did a great job re-creating it.

    My weekly Pinning & Singing Pinterest Linky party is on now so please come visit if you have 5 minutes to spare! I would be honoured if you could link up this Pinspirational post too!

    Best wishes,
    Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me

    ReplyDelete