Today was the Election Day Bake Sale for Coco's 5th grade class. I don't know if I am glad there are TWO elections in our town this year because I am exhausted after the first!
Even my mixer was tired!
I do want to note again: I have a TINY kitchen here in the Little Red House. This was a big undertaking. I was also ready to really change up what I do every year. And while I avoided the chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin bread I did have these on hand:
and made a LOT of this:
| 20 loaves of this in total |
I also packaged up about 15 bags of Candy Corn Bark which Lindsey at Lee La La posted. I had never made a bark before and this was very easy!
You just melt it and pour it onto the parchment on a cookie sheet
After letting it sit in the fridge for an hour you 'crack' it. As you can see - I used a hammer to help with this.
But - really can you picture anything cuter on the Bake Sale Table today?!?!
More to come!
Part TWO tomorrow!!!
You packaged those super cute. I am going to try that candy corn bark..looks yummy.
ReplyDeleteTanya, the bark was SO simple! Give it a try!
ReplyDelete