However, they have been showing their age lately. I understand how they feel. Chips, missing mugs and of late - the color was so.... well 1990s! For what it is worth - I was watching the Rachael Zoe Project and she had the SAME dishes! SO - they must have been in STYLE at some point.
Saying goodbye to an old friend
Fast Forward to 2011. I swear I was not looking for new dishes and had Lulu not insisted on using the restrooms way in the back upstairs at Sears I would never have seen them.
But I did.
It was a RED ROOSTER that caught my eye. She CALLED to me. (Can dishes call to you??) I came right home and got online when we got home and checked out all the options available to me. It is the COUNTRY LIVING collection.
I knew one thing - I was all done with 'matchy matchy' and wanted something that went together but not necessarily from the same 'line'. I came up with this.
Let me break it down - this is the new setting we use daily now - isn't it adorable!
Here is the dinner plate
Here SHE is - that ROOSTER who called to me (it is our most used plate: lunch, breakfast, dinner)
New soup, salad or cereal bowl
The coffee mug (Note: I can finally use that 'large' cup button on my Keurig!!)
AND that leads us to the saucer. Which really is a dessert plate. This is Johnson Brothers.
I tripped on a set of 6 teacups, saucers and dessert plates on Craigslist for $25.00 - LOVE THEM~!!
These new dishes pull together my favorite colors, they are versatile, casual and now feels like our 'old dishes' that we used all the time.
I LOVE FOLLOWERS!!
Be sure to become one!! I also read all my comments - is there a better way to get to know everyone?
Oh my goodness! I am in love with the rooster plates and the saucers!
ReplyDeleteI love the rooster and the fact that it isn't all the same design.
ReplyDeleteI have been thinking about doing the same thing.
I have an old set that is definitely showing it's age AND I do not have all the pieces as so many have broken throughout the years.
I have been thinking about getting a Red square set. We have a wonderful Asian store here that sells a lot of them in a blue/green <3.
I am your newest follower btw.
It feels so good to 'break the mold' and ditch the matchy matchy!
ReplyDelete