the old red cape

the old red cape
the old red cape

Monday, August 1, 2011

Alphabet Bean Bags

Here is a little project I took on.... Alphabet Bean Bags.  I found this FABULOUS tutorial at Chez Beeper & Bebe.


 I was looking for a gift to sew for our 5 year niece/nephew twins - this is perfect!

I spent days cutting muslin squares (26 to be exact), coordinating rainbows of my scraps, and cutting letters.  BUT I finally did it!

I

After that it was an assembly line at the sewing machine.  I had Coco and Lulu filling the bags with beans as I sewed.  Sew a bag, fill a bag, seal a bag.   It was great!

Then I made a drawstring bag to store them all in.  (no photo..sorry!)


My final notes on this project: This is a GREAT use of scraps! I also wish I had doubled up the vowels yet I did not think of that until I had it all cut. 



These turned out to be a bigger hit than I thought.  I am thinking of doing MATH bean bags as a follow up...




Tip Junkie handmade projects






Photobucket


















10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness these are so adorable!!! I love all the different fabrics. Now I think I must make the boys some. Math ones hmmm... I am very interested to see what you do here. Right now is the perfect time to introduce stuff like this to my boys. Their little brains are just like a sponge. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - - I just featured you on my FB page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thous are too cute!
    you should def do the math set!

    thanks!
    the miller's
    prezidential life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, good job! It's not easy doing the whole alphabet. I started some rag quilt letters in December that are still unfinished! What a great gift those would be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! They would be great for my preschool class! Thanks for sharing! I am visiting from Not JUST A Housewife and I am a new follower!! I hope you have a great week and that I see you around soon!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karen--they look awesome. I hope you will share photos of your completed project in my Beeper Bebe Projects Made by You Flickr group, found here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1273351@N21/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great! I have a 2 preschoolers that are gonna love them. I'm pinning them now so I remember to make them. Found you at Ginger Snap Crafts.

    Kelly
    herecomesthesun-kelly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are awesome!! The kids and their parents will surely appreciate it.

    I am hosting my first link-up party - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. Would be glad to see some of your awesome posts there. Hope to see you at the party.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/celebrating-one-party-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking. The party for this week - Tea Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner - is on. Hope to see you there with latest posts.
    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-2-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful job! I'd love it if you'd link this up to my Home and Family Friday linky party!

    Becca
    becca-homeiswheremystorybegins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete