the old red cape

the old red cape
the old red cape

Thursday, September 15, 2011

The Ugly Kitchen Door...No More

My FALL Home Project is redecorating my tiny little kitchen.  I have a long list of changes to make.  Basically, I am keeping the cabinets, floors, appliances and and the counters.

FIRST change up was the Stool (see that post here).

SECOND I started in the mud room which I gave a Fall cleanup.

Then it was time to carry more of the black to the inside of kitchen door which in 14 years has never got any attention.  That was a terrible factory white - ignored - it is terribly sad.

See the sad before picture - Don't stare too long :(


And AFTER!


And while it was great to be able to see right out the door  and get what little daylight we could - that also means people could see right in.  And what they see is my 'cluttered' mud room.  



Being a metal door I ordered a set of Magnetic Cafe Rods.  They stick right onto the door.  (Of course, I should note I ordered brass rods but I received brushed nickle.  I will say  -  they blend with the black of the door and I now think that the brass would have been a bit much.  I plan to spray them black if they bug me!)  Then I added a sheer curtain panel and I think it looks SO MUCH BETTER!

Of course - painting the walls and woodwork are next in this poor ignored corner.  Then I can accessorize this rooms wall a bit nicer.

1 comment:

  1. The door looks great and I really like the brushed nickel. I think the curtain really adds a little charm.

    ReplyDelete