Over the weekend the girls and I pulled out the 'Halloween Box'. Which I should add in the Little Red House is stored in the cellar. Someday, I will do a whole post dedicated to my 'cellar'. It is not a basement. Basement's are where beautiful children's playrooms and second family rooms are set up. This is a typical New England field stone cellar.
Let's just say when I was digging around in the box and I tripped on some black paper spiders I made last year I jumped a mile. YES I just assumed they were real!
The mantel was our project. The only new item we purchased this year is the black feather wreath. It reminds me of a white turkey feather wreath my mom hung on our mirror during Christmas time when I was younger.
My first challenge was how to hang the wreath. I have now discovered Command Hooks - removable stick on hooks!! HOW DID I NOT KNOW? I now have them hanging all over my house.
I think my most favorite part of the mantel is the 'Ragamuffin' that the girls made last year. I found a ton of halloween fabrics on clearance at Joann's for well over 70% off. I bought a couple of 1/4 yards and we created this.
It hangs just high enough to not interfere or be a concern for the gas fireplace. Although, Nora's bed will have to be moved from this corner soon!
Black Crows pop up in all kinds of places!
I love to put seasonal candy into this hurricane but the girls ALWAYS raid it. I cannot blame them really. SO I popped one of my 'crows' on it like a guardian. It is barely balanced on top so if they have been at it I will know!!
Looks great! I still have to decorate for fall and Halloween so you have given me some great ideas!
ReplyDeleteOh I love those candle sticks!!! We have yet to decorate. This post gives me a little encouragment...Looks Great!
ReplyDelete