For someone who has sewn all her life - I never knew what a fat quarter was until this year. In fact, I had to GOOGLE it. Apparently, if I was a quilter I would know - so I guess that explains it. My sister quilts, by hand, stitch by stitch... crazy.
I was getting ready to take a sewing class to make a tote bag and I got the instructions wrong. I thought I needed fat quarters - I did not. SO, what was I going to do with these beautiful fat quarters I had.
I found a pattern (when I was still willing to buy a paper pattern in the stores) at Joanns and it had just the thing I was looking for - something cute and fun.
I made this
| Fabric Bucket |
Then, once I made it I did not know what to do with it! It ended up in the girls room as a waste paper basket.
That's adorable and I love the fabric choices! I'd love to do something like that for a wastebasket in my craft room.
ReplyDeleteThis is precious and I love the size....perfect project for those fat quarters. I'd love for you to share on my Weekend Blog Hop...http://sewplicity.blogspot.com/2011/07/weekend-craft-hop.html
ReplyDeleteThanks! Keep on creating!
I could use a couple of those! I will make a few as soon as I get back home from this workshop. Thanks for the perfect project! Found you through the Sewplicity hop and am now a follower. Interesting blog.
ReplyDelete