the old red cape

the old red cape
the old red cape

Monday, December 12, 2011

Ruffle Twirl Skirts

I am officially 'ruffled' out!

These are Christmas presents for my little nieces.  They are the same as the Christmas Twirl Skirt that I posted about HERE.

One of the skirts is for Niece M, who does NOT wear pink.  So, hers is blue and green.


The set is for Nieces A & G.  They are sisters and they love pink!




I am really struggling with wanting to do applique tshirts to go with the skirts but I fear I am running out of time.  I have other projects I need to finish also.  SO I may do hair accessories with the scrap fabric instead.

One thing I DID do, after I finished the Christmas Twirl Skirt, was purchase a 'gathering foot' for my machine.  It looks like this: Brother SA120 Gathering Foot
I am in love!  While it is not perfect (I still had to adjust all those ruffles to length) it really saved me a LOT of time.  I am suppose to be able to sew the ruffle to the flat piece at the same time but I did not trust my fabric lengths enough to go for it.  Someday?!?!


Have you worked with a Gathering Foot and had success??




Tip Junkie handmade projects





Photobucket
"/>




2 comments:

  1. Those are so cute! Great job.

    I STILL have to buy a gathering foot. I hate doing it by hand. I have the ruffler foot on my serger, though, and it is a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this turned out great I'd love you to add this to my What We Wore and Made Party over at http://raegunwear.blogspot.com/search/label/WWWMW

    ReplyDelete