the old red cape

the old red cape
the old red cape

Monday, December 19, 2011

Pink Tea Cup Dress

Just in the nick of time - I have finished my LAST sewing project for Christmas.  I may sneak one more thing in - but this was a big one.

I had a computer glitch and I have LOST the website I took this free tutorial from.  My apologies to the author of this wonderful tutorial.  I also at the same time picked up this book:

Little Girls, Big Style: Sew a Boutique Wardrobe from 4 Easy Patterns
Which shows the instructions for the same dress.

I found the most adorable tea cup fabric and paired it with a small pink heart and vines fabric.  I used a pale green thread for the top stiching.  It will be perfect for Niece E who all about pink and ruffles.


This took me a morning and some of the afternoon to cut and sew.  It uses button holes for the ties.  I always am afraid to do buttonholes - but my machines always handles them like magic!




I think it will be adorable as the weather turns warmer.  BUT I am hopeful that she can wear it with tights and a turtleneck before Winter is over.  

I cannot WAIT to try some of the other dresses and tops in the Little Girls/Big Style book.  Very cute things!!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. This is just adorable. I hope you post a picture of your niece in it. It will be cute with tights, etc and again cute for the warmer seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Massachusetts connections! We moved here last January and are loving it so far. Its beautiful!

    Also this dress is really cute. I'm jealous of your sewing talents!

    Brie

    ReplyDelete