The Baby Shower is fast approaching. (see Gift #1 here)
As I have said before, not knowing if you are sewing for a boy or girl is not helpful however, I love the creaminess of these colors. It is so soft and snuggly! AND if this baby is a girl - I am driving to the new Mom's home and sewing on a big pink satin bow (and to see the baby of course)!
Today, I completed this beautiful Chenille Baby Blanket. I found this tutorial at Sew 4 Home.
Ready, Set, SEW!
I was overwhelmed with the cutting on this project and this is why I kept putting it off. I needed a 42x42 square and my cutting mat is 36x36. I did manage in the end and had all my pieces ready to go.
Two things I have never used before also were holding me up - working with chenille (or I should say 'snow') and blanket binding.
| Imbedded in the mat |
This being the 'Little Red House' I had to move my machine out of the bedroom nook and onto the dining room table today. I needed room to spread out! I also had to employ the coffee table for pinning area. I was fortunate that my girls were at a 'park program' all day.
I started with pinning my front and back together. There is Nora on her nest keeping close eye on what I am up to.
I contemplated using my walking foot today. Yet, I decided that the regular foot was going to be fine. I will find a project to use that foot soon!
Sewing the two big pieces together-
After pressing miles of homemade blanket binding it was time to pin it - this part was pretty simple-
I learned how to make a faux mitered corner today! (see tutorial link above)-
After I attached all the binding on, I pressed my edges nice and sharp-
I am quite pleased. I can hear even bigger 'ohhhhhhs' and 'ahhhhhhhhs' from the crowd now!
AND while I was sewing - the UPS Man brought me THESE today (Michael Miller fabrics)! Hmmmm what will I do with those!?!?
I have shared this creation today at:



Just saw this on the sew and tell....so cute! I love the color combo. That black Michael Miller fabric is to die for!! Not sure why but I didn't get this email update..:(
ReplyDeleteAshley I am finding that the emails are going the next day - I would like to fix that!
ReplyDeleteAha ...good to know. Very excited to actually see my blog in someone's favorites!!! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteOh and thank you for the spelling comment. That made me feel a little better aabout it. I was really embarrassed to be called out for it but I guess I need to expect that with a public blog. Oh well I know I am not perfect. Thanks again!
Beautiful blanket. It looks so soft - you did a great job. If you have a moment, I would love for you to share this project on my Inspiration Board.
ReplyDeletehttp://carolynshomework.blogspot.com/2011/07/inspiration-board-link-party_19.html
Thanks for the inspiration.
carolyn | homework
My pleasure Carolyn!
ReplyDelete